Also Known As: Tindora Fry, Tindora Subzi. Kovaikai Varuval. Dondakaye Kura.
- 1/2 kilo Ivygourd
- Garlic 1 head, crushed
- Oil 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder 1-2 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- In a large non-stick pan, heat oil. Add mustard and cumin seeds to it. Let the splutter well.
- Now add garlic and fry till fragrance.
- Add vegetables to this. Add salt, cover and cook over medium heat. Don’t add any water. Let the vegetable get cooked with its own water content.
- Once the vegetable is cooked. Remove the lid. Turn the stove to high heat. Add turmeric and chili powder. Stir fry them till raw smell of chili powder leaves and oil shows up on sides.
- Garnish with crisply fried curry leaves.
- Serve them hot as a side dish for chappathis, pulkas or rice.