Cracked Wheat 1 cup
Green chilies 3-6 slitted
Garlic 6 beads finely chopped
Onion 1 large finely chopped
Tomato 1 small chopped
Mustard seeds 1/4 spoon
Oil few spoons
Cilantro leaves to garnish.
- Dry toast cracked wheat for few minutes. Maybe till its fragrant. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil. Add mustard and wait till it pops.
- Then add chilies, garlic and onions. Fry real good for few minutes. Maybe till onion turns translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and salt. Cover and cook for few minutes. Maybe till tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Stir-in toasted cracked wheat. Add 2-3 cups of water. Cover and cook over medium heat.
- When the wheat gets cooked leaving the pan.(oil shows up on sides and no more moisture left back) Remove from heat.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve warm as a main dish. Can be accompanied with mint or coriander chutney.