Also Known As Gulab Jamun. Jaamun. Zeera Jamun.
- Milk Solids (khoya) or milk powder 1 bowl
- Whole milk – just 1/2 cup for making dough
- Ghee/clarified butter for preparing dough
- Rose essence / Saffron essence
- Cardamon pods 2, powdered
- Sugar 3 cups for making syrup
- Ghee for deep frying
- Prepare a strong sugar syrup and set aside.
- Prepare a soft dough using milk solids and flavoring agents. Divide them into equal parts and shape them up into round or elongated balls.
- Heat oil till smoky hot and fry these jamuns till golden to reddish brown. Leave them in kitchen towels for few minutes.
- Then soak them up in a syrup for couple of hours.
- Serve chilled as a dessert.