Being a total narcissist talker on the blog and complete introvert in reality…has made me look like a jerk! Well, let me get one thing straight! I have always had trouble breaking the ice/talking to classmates and roommates. But, am a good listener. Unless someone approach me with series of questions..I keep my opinions and ideas well-bundled up in my mind. So, I got to get the stuff out my system, right. That ended up writing journals right from my childhood. Well, one can’t exactly pen the thought process, but teeny bit of ‘me, my and i’ certainly does help to kick start the day.
So, here you go…my favorite sweet: Jilebi. I love it. But couldn’t (cook)get it right:( And somehow managed to finish up the whole thing:)
- Urad dal 1 cup
- Saffron/ yellow food color
- Pinch of salt
- Yogurts 1 cup
- Lemon juice few spoons
- Oil for frying
- Sugar syrup – for soaking
- Soak the lentils and wet-grind the same. Add pinch of salt, food color, lemon juice and yogurt to it. Mix well.
- Now, fill this batter up in a cone. Make a teeny hole underneath the bag/cone. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, once it is moderately hot. Make jilebis over it, no specific shape..just squeeze as you please:) Fry them till golden color.
- Immerse these hot jilebis in the sugar syrup briefly and allow them to cool down to room temperature.
- Serve warm or cold as a dessert. And you know the rest!