Also Known As Asparagus Poriyal, Asparagus Varuval. Asparagus Vepudu. Asparagus Subzi. Asparagus Kura.
For a fun-filled weekend, people go to theme parks and holiday resorts! To me, the happiness gets complete only when I shop at ethnic stores! My new found activity is to hit the farmer’s market on Saturdays! I get bit frustrated when it snows out here heavily, preventing me from gazing around!! However, I make pretty good excuse to pay a visit to the Mexican stalls!
And, that’s how I got this Asparagus shoots pulled fresh from the yard…and that too for a great deal. I just couldn’t wait to try them in Indian way, all spiced up! This plan was going on for many years. Anyway…most of the time, I end up sampling n relishing it, before making any clicks!! Today, I practiced some good resistance and there you go…a wonderful recipe for you all.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 5 garlic pods, crushed
- 3-5 dry red chilies, flakes
- 1 fistful peanuts, grated
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- few tsp oil
- Wash and clean the asparagus shoots, trim the blunt ends. Then chop them down into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add the whole spices and followed by the veggies.
- Salt them, add the turmeric as well. Cover and cook briefly.
- Once they are tender, add the grated nuts, garlic and chilies. Stir-fry over high and remove from heat.
- Serve to go with your meals. Must be something, I know…enjoy.