Now a days, Wiki How teaches you everything! And its so irresistible to refrain from trying few things, immediately. Right now, I am hooked up with ‘Kitchen Essentials’ kind of stuff! So, here you go…my take on How To’s. Stick around, more such postings are coming up…
- Select a good quality coconut. Shake them and listen to the sound of water inside.
- Remove those protruding husks and make a tiny drill on the eye, if you feel like draining the water right away!
- One can use corkscrew to crack the nut. In a conventional way, I dip the nuts in cold water briefly and cover them up in a clean towel and give a quick blow (bang on a hard stone).
- Use a sharp pairing knife to cut the white matter into wedges. If possible scrape away the brown layer too.
- Put them up in a food processor or grate them manually. Decant the water if any.
- Store them in an airtight container and place them in freezer for later use.