This is a perfect appetizer for this cold weather. You can put it together with minimal fuss, so this is also a great dish to prepare on a busy working day. Its a flexible recipe…use any kind of coatings as you like. I rolled these squids in lemon juice, followed by all purpose flour (sprinkled with salt and white pepper) and deep fried it. And, the crunch from these tiny strips is a definite bonus.
- 1 cup squids
- few tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- oil for deep frying
- Wash and clean the squids. Cut them into thin strips and rings.
- Leave them in lemon juice for about 20 minutes.
- In a wide tray, spread the all purpose flour and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Roll the squids in this flour until it coats well to all the sides.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan. Once it is hot enough…fry these squids till crisp.
- Serve warm as an appetizer along with marinara sauce or tomato ketchup.