Also Known As: Chicken Stew, Chicken Moilee. Chicken Molee, Kozhi Thenga-Paal Curry.
Over the years, my taste in food has changed, and so are my recipes. I hope, this blog will continue to chronicle those changes. This is one such recipe, I found very convincing to try. I can say,…I was very pleased with my trial…so, went on…wrote it down in my scrapbook! Yes, when my blog for broken for more than a year, I started scribbling in my note pad! Anyway…the recipe is damn too simple and yet refreshingly good. Sometimes, when we do things from scratch…it leaves a deep impact on us. For this particular recipe, I squeezed the fresh coconut milk (haven’t done in a while)…which made it stunningly delish.
- 1 lb chicken, chunks
- 1/2 coconut, milk
- 2-3 green chilies, slitted
- 1″ ginger, grated
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamom, crushed
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- cilantro leaves to garnish
- In a wide pan, heat oil. Throw in the spices, followed by chilies, ginger, onions and chicken.
- Fry real good, or until the meat turns opaque.
- Further add salt, and coconut milk. Cover and cook over medium heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the meat is tender, add tomato wedges and cilantro leaves. Remove from heat.
- Serve to go with your appams, iddiyappams or dosas.