Looking back, it was one of the best brunch I have ever made! It was a cold winter day…like any other boring weekend, I had all those predictable errands to run! Yet, I managed to cook this dish! Well, its a strange choice for a midday meal, I admit! But, guess what? It turned out fantastic! In other words…it was too good that, there wasn’t any dispute at the table.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup fenugreek greens
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1-2 green chili minced
- salt to taste
- pinch of baking soda
- oil for deep frying
- In a wide tray, bring all the ingredients together, except oil. Now add warm water to it and prepare a smooth dough. Add one or two spoons of oil for a smooth finish.
- Then, divide them into equal parts, roll them down to thin uniform thickness pooris.
- Now, heat up the oil until smoky hot and maintain the stove over medium to high range. Deep fry these above pooris, one by one.
- Once they are fluffy enough and done to golden brown…remove from heat. And, leave them over kitchen towels.
- Serve warm along with alu masala or with curried dish.