Ramadhaan Soup. Meat-Basmati Soup recipe. Kaima/Kyma/Keema Kanji. Kaima/Kyma/Keema Soup.
Basmati rice 200 gms
Split green gram 200 gms (moong dal without skin/pasi paruppu in Tamil/Split lentils)
Fenugreek seeds 3 spoons
Minced meat/Mutton keema 200 gms(its good to use goat’s minced meat here or lamb if you dont find it)
Mint 3 twigs
Coriander leaves 1 handful
Onion 1 large
Tomato 1 large
Green chilies 5-6
Ginger-garlic paste 2 spoons
Salt to taste
Oil /ghee/clarified butter- 1 cup
Bay leaves 1-2
Cardamom pods 3
Marathi mokku 1-2
1. In a large bowl marinate minced meat with salt and 1 spoon ginger-garlic paste.
2. In a large pressure cooker, add ghee and wait till its smoky hot. Add spices to it one by one…cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, Marathi mokku, bay leaves and fenugreek seeds. Or tie all the spices ina small muslin cloth/baggie except fenugreek seeds. Drop this muslin bag while frying….instead of adding spices as such.(so that you can remove your spices after cooking)
3. When they are almost fried add slitted green chilies and allow it to crack.
4. Now add thinly sliced onions and fry them till golden brown.
5. Add remaining ginger-garlic paste and fry for a while….till its raw smell goes away.
6. Now add finely chopped mint, coriander leaves, tomato chunks. Fry them until they lose their water content and oil shows up on top.
7. Add marinated meat and toss it for a while till meat turns pale. Then add rice plus moong dal/split lentils.
8. Add salt as required to rice and Dal/lentils. Then add excess of water and pressure cook it over medium heat.
9. Once the kanji/soup is ready garnish it with coriander leaves.
10. If you did had the spices in muslin cloth…..remove it, before serving.